At Cosmos St Lucia we create exceptional experiences in an extraordinary location. Our unique setting and attention to detail offers the most intimate birthday, anniversary and wedding venue in St Lucia. See what’s possible and get inspired with our guide to Sunset Weddings at Cosmos. The preparation and execution of your celebration is managed in-house, enabling a tailored experience with our carefully chosen service providers. Our aim is to remove the hassle from long distance event planning so you can focus on enjoying the occasion. We will make sure your celebration is magical – filled with fun, music, dance, delicious food and happy memories.
Let us take you there
Arriving at Cosmos St Lucia is a breathtaking experience. Step from the sky bridge onto the arrivals terrace with its calming water feature and hillside forest view. Peaceful as it is, your instinct will be to walk on, through the modernist open-air villa and out onto the sun terrace. Look out across the infinity pool to the magnificent Piton mountains set against the Caribbean sea and expansive sky. Breathe deeply, inhale the scents of the tropical garden flowers and let the magic wash over you.
Cosmos means universal harmony. With views of mountain, sea and sky, you’re embraced by the serenity and beauty of the natural elements, and invited to come together with friends and family to mark life’s milestones. Intimate celebrations frequently hosted at Cosmos include family reunions, birthdays, anniversaries, weddings and retreats – read their reviews.
The Villa design and layout offers flexibility for cultivating different moods throughout your event.
- Fountain terrace overlooking lush forest and the sea beyond, which can be used as a service area for cocktails or a quiet seating area
- Dining area in the Cantilever, a unique solid wood structure pointing due west to the sea and sunset, with dining tables and chairs for up to 20 people
- Adjacent freestanding marble bar for serving drinks
- 10’ teak buffet for meal service
- Lounge area with uninterrupted view to the sea at west end of the Cantilever, with sofas and lounge chair seating for up to 14
- The Pitons terrace is named for its clear view of the two volcanic spires that are synonmous with the island. The large tiled terrace is shaded by a sun canopy can accommodate ceremonial style seating for up to 20 people, with a stunning backdrop of the 48’ infinity pool, the Pitons mountains and the Caribbean sea
- Pavilion lounge with al-fresco eating area and sun canopy, adjacent to the solar heated stone plunge pool and bougainvillea garden. This area is serviced by an outdoor kitchen with wood fire pizza oven, barbecue grill and wet bar
In every room, at least one wall is open to stunning sea views and cooling trade winds. Teak screens with concertina doors can be closed by staff as needed (the bedrooms also feature curtains). Nautical stainless cables create a safety barrier on terraces although young children must be supervised at all times.
Furnishings are made by local craftsmen from tropical woods from sustainable forests and are decked-out with massive cushions covered in organic cotton and linen. The villa palette is primarily natural, dominated by rich golden timber beside whitewash walls and bright colour from garden blossoms, fabrics, fruit and people.
The maximum amount of guests at Cosmos events is 25 people, of which we can accommodate 16 on the property. The main Villa, Garden Studios and Lodge combined provide accommodation across seven bedrooms. Please see the Accommodation page for full details.
- Our Celebrations Planner will enable you to review and select the services you require, and their associated costs. Please request
- Our owner and director, Anastasia Alexander, will be your first point of contact. Anastasia first came to St Lucia for more than 20 years ago and has a deep affection for the island, its unique natural beauty and its friendly locals. In addition to helping you to plan, Anastasia will provide you with a full quotation for your celebration based on your requirements
- Our experienced extended team is trained and directed by our on-site Manager Shermika Lawrence, allowing you to trust all is in hand
- Our in-house staff include a cook, housekeepers and a pool and garden assistant
- Pending the scale of your celebration, our extended team includes friendly local servers to ensure your event goes to plan
Food and Drink
- Enjoy bespoke tropical cocktails and mocktails, prepared by our mixologist, as well as wines, Champagnes and Prosecco specially selected by our wine consultant
- Choose from our Private Dining menu or for events with over 10 guests, you may choose a Surf and Turf Barbeque Buffet or a five course Flavours of the Carribean extravaganza. Please see these specially created celebrations menus featured in our guide to Sunset Weddings at Cosmos. All the food we prepare focuses on seasonal produce, native tropical flavours and local delicacies such as seafood
- Lighter finger food can be served with drinks, and fresh chocolate truffles made from local cocoa are an after dinner treat, accompanied by St Lucian coffee and rum
- Commission a stunning centre-piece speciality cake, with up to 4 tiers
- We buy flowers directly from farmers in the nearby rainforest. Primarily these are pink, red and white ginger and anthurium lilies, as well as orange heliconia and birds of paradise, which we arrange in glass vases. For more formal requirements, we have a preferred local florist who creates structured floral arrangements, bouquets and buttonholes. She can also provide pedestals for large arrangements to frame a ceremonial element of your event
- We can provide chairs for ceremonial style seating on the sun terrace for up to 16 guests
- Choose from our special “Colours of the Caribbean” table setting to create a visual impact at the table, complete with shimmering candelabras. A simple, low-key white dining service is also available
- We will light-up our pool terrace with fairy lights after sunset to add some sparkle to your event
Photography and Videography
- We can recommend experienced local photographers and videographers to capture your forever memories
- You’ll be spoilt for choice when it comes to selecting stunning backdrops for your photographs: the Pitons, the infinity pool, the sunset, the terraces
- The intimate celebrations held at Cosmos position the the beauty and tranquility of our natural surroundings as the stage. If you’d like some musical accompaniment, we can recommend soloists, small ensembles (jazz, steel pans, reggae) or a DJ. In consideration of our neighbours on the hillside, music must be switched off (or barely audible from outside the villa) between 10pm – 10am
- Bluetooth speakers are provided for guests to enjoy their own playlists within reasonable volume levels. However for celebrations, most guests book our recommended DJ who brings his own amplification, and can provide both background and dancing music
- In the Pavilion Lounge there is a projector available to connect to a guests’ laptop, with relaxed seating available for up to 8 guests
- Beauty and grooming – provided in house by our trusted local therapists
- Hair styling
- Spa treatments – relax before and/or after the festivities in the comfort of the villa
- Event bookings require the entire property to be reserved for a minimum of seven nights in high-mid season (December- April) and four nights in low season (May-November)
- A 50% downpayment is required to secure your booking, with the balance due 30 days prior to arrival for bookings May-November and 60 days in advance for bookings December- April
- There is a supplemental event fee for all non-residential guests of $150, up to a maximum of 20 guests (total number at your event). All non-residential visitors to the property require the express permission of the management